Did you know that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime? We don’t like those odds!
How to decide between choosing a physical (mineral) or chemical sunscreen: We recommend using a physical sunscreen regardless of your skin type. Physical sunscreens protect your skin from the sun by deflecting or blocking the sun’s rays and the mineral ingredients are less likely to irritate sensitive and acne prone skin. Chemical sunscreen ingredients absorb and scatter the sun’s harmful rays, and chemical ingredients can irritate skin and eyes.
Our Top Picks!
1. Achieve the ultimate protection from sun damage and its aging effects with a soft focus finish. Colorescience Sunforgettable loose mineral sunscreens are easy to apply and reapply throughout the day to keep your skin protected and beautiful. Sunforgettable SPF 30 highly refined mineral sunscreen provides safe, non-irritating, UVA and UVB sun protection. The self-dispensing powder brush makes it easy to apply and re-apply throughout the day for continued coverage.
- Easy to apply and re-apply loose mineral formula
- Safe, non-irritating, Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- 80 minute water-resistant
2.SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 a 100% physical sunscreen provides water-resistant broad spectrum protection with transparent titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. This lightweight sunscreen increases skin defenses and resistance to UV and heat stress. The color-infused technology enhances natural skin tone and boosts radiance while providing all day hydration making it ideal for daily use.
- Sheer, universal tint adaptable to all skin tones boosts radiance for a more even, luminous complexion
- Water-resistant for 40 minutes
- All-physical, broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Increases skin defenses and resistance to UV and heat stress based on in-vitro testing
- Paraben-free and non-comedogenic
No matter which sunscreen is right for you we recommend a minimum of SPF 30 and needs to be worn each day and reapplied every two to three hours.