A facelift is the most comprehensive approach to treating facial wrinkles and sagging caused by aging. A facelift removes excess skin, tightens underlying tissues and muscle and redrapes skin on the face and neck. It can correct midface sagging, marionette lines, jowls and a double chin, maintaining its reputation as the ‘gold standard’ for facial rejuvenation.
The following are some common facial characteristics that make you an appropriate candidate for a facelift:
– Sagging skin in your midface and/or jawline
– Deep creases extending from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds)
– Lines extending from each corner of your mouth down your chin (marionette lines)
– Facial fat (volume) that has fallen or is displaced
– Sagging and loss of muscle tone in the lower face, resulting in jowls
– A double chin, resulting from loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
Creased and sagging skin in your neck
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.